|Car Seat Safety Clinic SATURDAY May 19th!!!|
|5/15/2012 Conducted by OFD and EAMC Certified Technicians!|
OFD and EAMC to host Car Seat Safety Inspections
on Saturday, May 19th at Target Parking Lot in TigerTown
The Opelika Fire Department and the East Alabama Medical Center will be hosting a Car Seat Safety Inspection on Saturday, May 19th at the Target Parking lot in TigerTown between the hours of 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. This service is FREE to the public and is recommended for everyone who has small children ride with them in their vehicles! This includes parents, grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, and caregivers!
But in order to entice the public to come out, TigerTown retailers and others have joined in on this important endeavor to make it lots of fun! There will be give-away items from stores like Target (car seats), Best Buy (gift cards), Verizon Wireless (Bluetooth for a Droid & assorted coupons), Academy Sports and Home Depot (gift card); and all sorts of goodies to eat – or coupons to get goodies to eat! – From Marble Slab Creamery (coupons for ice cream!), Chick-Fil-A (Desserts, the Cow and more under a tent!), and Buffalo Wild Wings (lots of WINGS give away coupons!). The Opelika Fire Fighters Association will be giving away t-shirts; State Farm will have bag goodies to hand out; CPR South will also be giving away t-shirts.
So let us encourage you to come on out to TigerTown – and bring your kids with you! – and let certified technicians make certain that your children are as safe as they possibly can be when your family is out on the road!
Some Vital Statistics to Know
· It’s IMPORTANT that your children are in a car seat based on their height and weight as well as their age.
· Keep your child in the back seat at least through age 12
· Keep your child in the car seat for as long as possible, as long as your child fits the seat’s height and weight requirements.
· Crashes are the leading cause of death for children from 3 to 14 years of age…BUT
· An estimated 8,959 lives were SAVED by child restraints in the last couple of decades!
· You can REGISTER your child’s car seat and receive notifications of defects and recalls from the manufacturer!
Click HERE (PDF File) to see the promotional POSTER for participating agencies and free GIVE AWAYS at the event!